PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 90 days/28 days experience - in accident reports
Old 12th Apr 2016, 16:12
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
I was up at 5. At 5:36 I was eating breakfast whilst browsing PPRune in Buckinghamshire. At 1400 I was in a meeting in Dundee ! Sadly the Scottish weather was carp, or I wouldn't have been up so early to catch a train, and would have flown myself up. However the upside is that at quarter past five, with my day done, I am now enjoying a pint of good Scottish beer.

For example. ... if somebody is used to flying from big controlled airports with long tarmac runways then one might see value in , say taking them to Popham. On.the other hand, if they are used to non radio farmstrips - they can learn a lot from a trip to Cranfield or a zone crossing through the Southampton overhead.

For example, and always by agreement with the student. The point of a biennial being, arguably, to give someone a chance to review and sharpen their skills in relative safety and comfort.

Similarly, unusual attitudes and PFLs with someone who spends their life impersonating an autopilot on long trips.

And assuming that the pilot is serious about using the exercise to learn something or sharpen their skills up a bit.

G