PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phantom Friday
Thread: Phantom Friday
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2016, 15:56
adskankster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieJuliet
Here's a couple of 14 Sqn jets in the early days flying for a publicity pic.
Hello, sorry to butt in late on an old thread/post, but my father recently passed away, and while we were going through his stuff, we found a black and white version of this image and a poster of it. I remember the poster from when I was a child and I know that he was back seat in the rear aircraft. I remember him saying that the owners of the castle weren't overly happy about the fuel dump.

We were looking to get copies of the picture made - preferably colour ones. The b&w version we have is a little grainy and the poster is not in great condition.

We have the negative number from the back of the b&w print, but the Imperial War Museum don't have a copy and Hendon didn't get back to us. Do you have a decent copy of this that we could use to run prints off? Did you take the picture or were you in either plane?

EDIT: not 20 mins after I post the above, than I get a call from my mother telling me that Hendon did get back to her and she's managed to track it down. That said, I'd still be interested to know more about the shot, and whether there are any others from the same sortie.

Many thanks.

Last edited by adskankster; 12th Apr 2016 at 16:56.