PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My new-ish SSD failing or is it W10 again?
Old 12th Apr 2016, 10:31
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
There are no leaky caps around the CPU, and I'll keep an open mind about power failure*, but it has the look and feel of a commanded shut-down. When I press the power button, it comes back as though it's been sleeping.

I said:
System went into one of those "Well, this is embarrassing", and then the light blue screen. This time, shall we check your drive?
Now I come to think about it, I'm not sure the two things were actually connected because when I returned to a working state the 'embarrassing' screen was still there. One of the main things I learned in my electronics days was that coincidences can be bizarrely misleading.

I just get the feeling that reverting to W7 and getting rid of Kasper would allow me to get back to some serious work. As mentioned before, there's a local bloke who makes a good living just formatting drives and reloading W7. I think he listens into the still night air and when he hears that certain kind of scream, he swings Batman style into their homes.

*It was on this forum that someone suggested the electrolytics surrounding the CPU on my old HP. They were oozing and some days later were replaced with bigger hot-running caps. The kind of job only old retired blokes can do cos at minimum wage I could have probably purchased two mother boards.

Last edited by Loose rivets; 12th Apr 2016 at 10:52.