PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My new-ish SSD failing or is it W10 again?
Old 12th Apr 2016, 01:00
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
It's strange. It'll go for a month sometimes and then there's a cluster of light blue screens contained within a couple of days and then things go back to (moderately) normal.

The chaotic periods can be really tedious, but then, as though corrected by some mysterious force, peace reigns again.

Kaspersky had settled down - until I thought about it - and then it proudly announced it had done some kind of upgrade and the computer needed rebooting. Sometimes several times a day. As mentioned somewhere, my wife, on a different machine, in a different country, with W7 Starter, suddenly had the same problems. The thing is, the orange Kasper screen announces an unsatisfactory state which just might be serious and only used to happen if something was really wrong.

I can no longer be bothered with their, no doubt, excellent service. Always, run their software and send the resultant file to them for analysis. It takes an age to go through that load of cobblers. The only real result has been with Barclays, FireFox and Kasper, where they sent me a fixit file. Barclays gave me £50 for my efforts - and pain. 25 quid each. Gosh, it felt good to be employed again, but one did not let the newfound wealth change my life.