PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resistence to Change and Reform -- Anywhere.
Old 11th Apr 2016, 21:20
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to say that using the US as the be all and end all example of how things should be done is getting rather droll.

From Americans coming into the country on 457 visas to "run" our airlines (which has to be an abuse of the 457 visa system if there ever was one) to using US airspace examples to show how crap our system is, if the joint is so good, Bugger off to the US and stay there!

Or better yet lets import their health system (which we slowly seem to be doing anyway), their corporate governance rules (hello mortgage scandal and subsequent 2007/2008 GFC), their presidential style elections with everyone from the local dog catcher to the president being voted upon by an elite few given voting is not mandatory, gun control or lack thereof - we too can have a mass execution weekly courtesy of a misinterpreted statement in the constitution which somehow turns an armed militia (written at a time when it makes sense and was in context) into an almost unlimited access to assault rifles and automatic weapons for the general population. Stuff it, let's have their federal marshal program for airline pilots, I want to shoot out the PFD with my sig sauer 1911 9mm semi auto with the 15 round clip. Never know when that PFD is just going to leap out and grab you by the throat.

Let's throw in the contradiction of the religious south and their extreme God bothering and contrast that with their almost callous disregard for anyone who is unfortunate enough to not live up to the American Dream and be successful with very limited social security and health care policies.

We have it good here people and just because someone doesn't agree with Dick in airspace it doesn't make them resistant to change or stupid, or unwilling to listen to new ideas or anything else.

I cannot for the life of me see how I am protected when I am flogging around in my rpt jet by the see and avoid principle and frequency separation! Isn't that the airspace equivalent of using peril sensitive sunglasses? If I can't hear you or see you then you aren't there! Anyone who is close enough to hit me I am unlikely to see as I don't have a huge amount of visibility forward and to the side of my jet (and none behind obviously) - yes I can see straight ahead and up, but not too far behind and if anyone is a bit lower than me I have no chance, my field of view is such that anyone inside 4-5 miles is nearly invisible under the glare shield or nose of the aeroplane. I can't see the engines in my jet only the winglets, so anyone in that area is invisible to me as well. So frankly see and avoid is a crock of horse poo that really only applies to the other bloke who has to see the big white jet and miss me. And given that a lot of those people (the ones that I am worried about anyway) are weekend warriors that are not very current, have the fam in the back and have numerous distractions, not the least being a noisy piston engine making a lot of noise in a aluminium frame with no air conditioning (so it is hot or cold) with a windscreen that has managed to become a bit scratched over the 40 or so years it has been installed in the aeroplane, looking into the sun for the White jet that blends into the background. Let's just set up a few hurdles for the poor sob to overcome why don't we? Or we could help him with a "listen shags there is a jet in your way" or " I am here where are you?" call, which we cannot do in an unalerted environment where the bloke is either not talking or is talking on a different frequency.

Clearly I am in desperate need of my morning caffeine and a truck load of Valium (oh can't do the Valium I won't pass a damp test).