PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resistence to Change and Reform -- Anywhere.
Old 11th Apr 2016, 21:20
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is where your ideology fails. Here is my take.

You want the US system here, how do we do that without serious investment in Primary and Secondary Radar which is independent surveillance that mitigates the risk of non transponder VFR. Each Radar would be in the millions to purchase and install, then maintenance, perhaps a million a year each. Then you need Approach Radar Controllers, still need Tower Controllers, big money. Likely too if you are copying the US, Regional D towers would become Radar C terminals. Then, the question logically has to be asked, who pays. Airlines, GA. No federally funded FAA here.

The question logically should be, do we have a problem that needs fixing? All I have seen is long bows been drawn by you and you alone against accidents decades ago. Where is the relationship comparison with incidents in the US? I'm fairly certain you would not have to go very far back at all to find incidents and accident data from the US. Better or worse?

I cannot see how we can emulate the US system here without Mega dollars invested.

If other countries can have similar systems to ours, why make wholesale change. Refine , improve, sure, but only objectively where a need is identified.

BTW, ask about 09/342 and see what you find. It's a good read

Perhaps you could then ask why it was not published