PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2016, 20:05
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TN8B

This is an extract from a CAA letter to me which explains and rectifies an error re the 1500 hrs you mention. That is only for a Public transport validation see below

“The table is explicit for ATPL conversions where the holder has more than 1500 hours in multi-pilot aeroplanes may be granted a validation for multi-pilot operations in commercial operations. It also says that an ATPL holder with more than 700 hours may be granted PPL privileges. These requirements are the same as those that previously applied under JAR-FCL and we continue to interpret them as we did prior to 2012. The CAA view is that as the ATPL(A) includes the privileges of the CPL(A), the validation terms for CPL holders as specified in the table are also available to ATPL holders and will result in a validation with the privileges that would be granted to a CPL holder.”

This is not correct. What Annex III to the Aircrew Regulation actually says is that the holder of an ATPL(A) with more than 700 hours may be granted a validation that allows:
“Exercise of privileges in aeroplanes in operations other than Commercial Air Transport”

So such a validation would include ATPL(A) privileges - including being remunerated to act as flight crew - but only for flights that are not Commercial Air Transport (as defined in EU regulations).

I apologise for this error and the confusion it has caused.
Yours below

Because then you would need to add a restricted IR to the restricted CPL wouldn't you and, also, to be a pilot in command (on the validation at least), they require not only an ATP from the ICAO nation....but ALSO, they want you to have 1500 hours multi crew and 500 hours on type (lmfao.....re the validation, because if you had done the EASA licence, that requirement doesn't exist??? One rule for one....etc etc)
And as posted by U and M

The validation involves proving you have an FAA ticket, demonstrating 1500 hours of multi crew time, a Class 1 EASA Medical being issued and also, an LST, on the type you want to fly if you want it added to your validation. I meet all this criteria, but have to do the LST (still planned for today unless I see a doc confirming the delay until 2017 from the CAA), which is valid for 6 months and would add my current type to my licence.
Just to get this clear re validations 1500 hrs multi crew only applies to validations for Public transport

Last edited by Pace; 11th Apr 2016 at 20:27.