PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Shoreham flying schools so busy.........
Old 11th Apr 2016, 19:06
rnzoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremmen
rrizoli A customer is important and merits every consideration. No amount of semantics can change that.
Fine, no problem I just have to confess, that I am one of those opportunistic bastards, who wasted several CFI's precious hours with my never-ending questions and in the end I chose to train somewhere else. I always went in with a naive smile, asked questions from pre-written notes, booked time for additional discussions (NOT flights!), so I looked very serious, but when everyone thought they "bagged" or "pawned" me, I chose the one that suited my interests best for the goal, and left the others somewhat disappointed for sure. I was bordering on being a parasyte, but it was OK for me, because in my work, I am doing something similar (unfortunately). But I certainly didn't get offended, when I wasn't offered any cofee!

Nevertheless, when someone asked me recently, which school I recommend for his initial training out of the 2 I tried already, I told him honestly the advantages/disadvantages, and then straight away recommended him to book introduction flights with both. With literally waving his money, he was greeted with wide open arms in both places, he paid for both intro flights, and made a consious decision, which he still is happy about.

Moral of my story: if someone behaves like a very serious, goal-focused person, he/she will get a much more serious and devoted reception, than someone who is just appearing "slightly curious". We can say this is right, we can say this is wrong, but this is how it has always been, and will be for a long time to come.