PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2016, 17:34
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if theres no radar for another week and there are delays in the meantime, who picks up the bill? Looking at the approach charts for Harbour, if theres no HB or radar and they are on runway 04, how do they get the aircraft to fly a procedure?

I smell management incompetence somewhere! In this day and age of risk assessments and paperwork (I know my industry is polluted with it) how has someone justified two major pieces of kit to have such little resilience and be acceptable to run a business like this? Surely they wouldn't release a radar for maintenance knowing the locator beacon was also dodgy and there was a fair chance it would be needed? The only satisfactory explanation I can think of is that the radar has been working perfectly and has suffered an unforeseen and catastrophic failure that simply couldn't be prepared for. Likewise the beacon has also been working perfectly and has coincidentally also suffered an unforeseen and catastrophic failure. Pure bad luck and timing all around.