PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA staff walkout @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2003, 18:01
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foghorn

I find it most disturbing that in this day and age anyone is forced to work a 24 hour shift , the hospital management are using moral blackmail to keep your wife working these hours but if in a fatgued state she makes a mistake you wont see the management for dust as soon as the leagal stuff starts.

To a lesser extent the BA management is like this they push the workers on the front line very hard and this time they have pushed to hard and the workers have just got so p1$$ed off that they have walked out .

This shows to me just how out of touch the BA managment is with the workforce and how strong the feeling is amongst the workers on the ground.

I was in BA up to about ten years ago and I can tell you that no one walks off the job without thinking very hard about it after all they all have morgages to pay and kids to feed so it is my conclusion that the management have had there heads in the sand and have been beleaving there own PR for to long and have not been out of there offices on ayling island to see how the troops on the front line feel.

The bottom line is that this strike is due to the failure of the management to know the feelings of the staff and to deal with the problems in the usual industrial way.