PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does Melbourne Centre do the Impossible at Hobart?
Old 11th Apr 2016, 16:16
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Underneath. A VFR pilot will not necessarily be able to report on a radial from Hobart .

Most have no training or qualification to do this.

And how do you require a VFR pilot to use a DME distance for separation? Bet that's not approved.

Dwesty. Once again surely it's not possible for a DME distance to be used to separate VFR.

Sounds to me as if "one at a time" is correct - only works because general aviation is almost destroyed in Australia.

Slippery Pete. Extraordinary post. Nothing to stop you starting threads on these issues if they are important for Australian aviation. No one is forced to look at any of my posts or answer them. And no, it's not a vendetta- just pointing out that both organisations are dysfunctional and are damaging our industry.

Nothing to stop them from coming on this site and explaining how I am wrong. Over the years I have had people criticise the organisations I have run. I have always openly answered my critics- sometimes they were correct

Last edited by Dick Smith; 11th Apr 2016 at 16:36.