PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA staff walkout @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2003, 18:00
headsethair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah! Hand Solo. We meet again. Strange world isn't it? (Preposition OK at end of question.)
BA allocate the stand slots for T1 and T4. BA have meoved a load of Gatwick flights to LHR causing much congestion at both T1 and T4 - have you seen the subject on P2 about T4/T1 congestion ?
There is undoubtedly a much too cosy relationship between BA & BAA - this has been shown up by the T5 debate, the R3 debate and the Noise debate. They both act as if they are still State owned and operated.
According to the news, there were cancellations of other airlines' flights out of T1 last night - but whether this was because of a staffing issue or jammed stands, I don't know.

I am simply appalled at the way BAA just stood back and did apparently nothing. For their REAL customers - the pax.

Think of the extra profit from the franchises - 7,000 folks sleeping in the terminal last night according to the BBC.

It's a crying shame. If I am wrong about BA doing handling & baggage for other airlines at T1, then I apologise. But you have to agree that the BAA-BA relationship has a helluvalot to do with this chaotic dispute.