PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2016, 11:39
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chesty Morgan wrote:
At 5 grand a day lease cost the 195 is way more expensive than a 319. I don't think the slightly lower landing fee (if it actually is) would make much difference.

Is it not largely irrelevant of the £5K per day lease cost (assuming that there are not other more lucrative routes to deploy them on), am I correct in saying that this cost is in place irrespective of whether the aircraft fly or not? This is one of the big challenges for Flybe, the heavy cost of these aircraft.

The whole issue of comparison and viability of the aircraft i.e. v 319 etc. only comes into question when the lease ends, i.e. Flybe deciding to evaluate keeping them on for the route.

How long would Flybe need to keep the slots for in order to be the owners of said slots, at which point these are financially attractive? Hence, could be sold on, so sustaining a loss in the short terms could in overall terms be a worthwhile investment.?

Surprising that Flybe are only on to this now. I cannot help but wonder if there if there is a significant for Belfast City Airport in this....