PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2016, 05:32
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JQ and QLink guys can take some comfort from a statement made by management at a recent roadshow briefing within the last couple of weeks that I attended. It was acknowledged that, in the past, there was an understanding not to poach pilots from JQ and QLink. It was categorically stated that this WILL NOT be the case this time around. It was acknowledged that it is far better to keep our people within the group by allowing them to move to QF if they wish, rather than see that talent pool disappear to the desert, or some other competitor.

Very logical IMHO. If our people see they have job progression within the whole Qantas group they are more likely to stay.

If that's the case, they (management) had better get on with it and make the relevant announcements.

Guys and girls at Qlink are so pissed off right now with our management that they're not waiting around. Anyone who's not a Cadet or LOI holder is expecting to wait well over 12 months for a chance at mainline, and that's assuming an announcement would be made within the near future. And that's a big assumption.

I spoke with one of my Qlink friends just before he left for Emirates. He believed that he's a better chance of getting into mainline (and quicker) by going to Emirates for a year or two than he has by staying at the link.

Not that that's his plan anyway. He believes, as does many of his colleagues, that his (and his families) futures are better served by leaving Australia for the next ten years plus, then they do by him remaining as a Captain at Qlink. A pitiful indictment of our management.

And he's not alone.

We've had people leave to Emirates, EFA, Cathay, and other places. There are some more waiting on start dates. RUMOUR has it that there are around 70 Sunstate pilots applying to Emirates right now.

DIVOSH!