PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 22:14
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred
IsDon

I'm not sure, but I suspect, that it is Andrew David who is responsible for changing many of QF's executive toxic attitudes towards pilots such as this that have pervaded over the many years. If indeed that is true, hats' off to the man. Historically in this company, any attempt at upward management is usually rewarded with the sack.

An attitude as simple as actually attempting to provide group employees with some form of career progression to generate and maintain loyalty is simple Business 101 in most companies, but sadly not this one.
True Fred.

I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it makes perfect sense to me. I've met Andrew David a couple of times and he does seem to me a perfectly reasonable bloke.

I know AIPA have been raising the possibility of some sort of group opportunity list for years, maybe there are now some indications that the company may be more responsive to that than they have been in many years. Who could forget the previous administration statements in the past about not allowing QF pilots to fly with JQ because they didn't want to pollute the culture. Ignoramuses!

I can't see anything but good coming from a group opportunity list. A progression from QLink to JQ to mainline is a natural one. A great way to provide a career path beyond what link and JQ pilots would otherwise expect without having to resign from one entity or another. An end to the 20 years to command nonsense in mainline.

Clearly we have a long way to go before we get to that point, but at least we have an end to the artificial barriers that prevented QLink and JQ pilots from moving to mainline. It's a start in the right direction.