PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 22:02
Triple Nickel 8 Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask the IOM how many M reg aircraft are now based in USA.....startling number actually and, Pace is bang on....immigration stop FAA pilots from other parts of the World from working and being domiciled there. I personally, missed out narrowly on a Falcon gig in Cali' because the company couldn't demonstrate that they needed to bring a pilot in from Europe to fill a seat.....gutted....would have been good gig whilst it lasted.

I love this "Tit for Tat" kind of exchange re licensing. It always comes down to "I had to do the 14 exams (or more)....its not fair that maybe an FAA pilot could get a licence and NOT do them...."!! Leave that kind of thing in the playground....we are, nearly all of us, grown ups! Again, I agree with Pace (sorry, but he's preaching what I have said for years)....issue a Restricted ATP, based on an FAA licence (thats current etc) and get the pilots to sit Air Law....and happy days! I don't want to fly for an AOC....or any kind of air carrier. You can keep that, thanks. What makes anyone think that because they have an EASA licence and are a European, that they have more right to my job than I do....as an FAA licence holder (just as hard to obtain from a practical viewpoint....and a practical, relative based exam for an ATP and initial IR issue)??? Riddle me this.....if I get a Part FCL....which one am I flying on? Both? Do I take off in France on my Part FCL and land in Teterboro on my FAA?? Or vice versa? At which point in flight am I swapping??? Just simply, a load of crap!

ATC....are you serious....the EU are trying to protect the rights of EU citizens with their interference in the third country licensing "thing"????? What a joke....! It's just more from yet another European group, interfering to try and justify the expense they make the EU incur......Brexit? Damned straight!!!!!

This shouldnt even be a debate. Pilots should be focussing on real World, important matters....that may affect the industry for better or worse. Making pilots change licences for absolutely no safety gain, or ANY gain....is an absolutely disgusting carry on!!

Last edited by Triple Nickel 8 Ball; 10th Apr 2016 at 22:26.