PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 15:26
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cefey, undoubtedly Wizz Air offer a great opportunity for young and inexperienced pilots to gain a foothold in the industry. But get real, are Wizz doing this because they feel these people make the best pilots? Or are they doing it because they feel that this is an opportunity to gain an indebted work force, who put up with their dodgy employment practices with minimum fuss because the same cadet with zero commercial experience knows if they make a fuss or don't turn up to work then a) they will be out on their ear and b) they won't get paid. If they don't get paid then they can't meet their massive loan overheads.

The low cost companies (and very aggressively in the case of Wizz Air) have deliberately created this scenario to undermine, divide and conquer their work force, slash salaries and undercut the opposition. End result? Salaries for airline pilots get driven further and further downwards and safety (though they pay lip service to it being a number one priority) is massively undermined. It's an own goal signing up to Wizz. Yes in the short term your career aspirations are enhanced but long term you are contributing to the ruination of this industry.

I'm not claiming that you extol or advocate the virtues of this airline but by speaking up so readily to support the Wizz Air position you contribute to the downward spiral to the industry you want to join. I was at Wizz, all I can say is go in with a firm understanding that if you have anything go wrong for you during your employment there you WILL be treated with zero compassion (by senior management anyway, my base captain was fantastic) and all the liability will be on your shoulders. Feel free to gamble, and feel free to also gamble your future career earning potential at the same time.