PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 15:11
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IsDon

JQ and QLink guys can take some comfort from a statement made by management at a recent roadshow briefing within the last couple of weeks that I attended. It was acknowledged that, in the past, there was an understanding not to poach pilots from JQ and QLink. It was categorically stated that this WILL NOT be the case this time around. It was acknowledged that it is far better to keep our people within the group by allowing them to move to QF if they wish, rather than see that talent pool disappear to the desert, or some other competitor.
I'm not sure, but I suspect, that it is Andrew David who is responsible for changing many of QF's executive toxic attitudes towards pilots such as this that have pervaded over the many years. If indeed that is true, hats' off to the man. Historically in this company, any attempt at upward management is usually rewarded with the sack.

An attitude as simple as actually attempting to provide group employees with some form of career progression to generate and maintain loyalty is simple Business 101 in most companies, but sadly not this one.