PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 10th Apr 2016, 15:01
escaldum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys! As speed_alive_rotate asked me for some info I'll post my answer to him with the details of my Assessment Day.

Originally Posted by speed_alive_rotate
Congratulations on your successful interview with Ryanair. I am currently studying for it myself in the hope of getting called.
I have been through the last 150 pages on the Ryanair thread and was wondering could you spare 5 mins to just simply inform me of your:
HR Questions and Tech questions at your interview.

I would be most grateful for any help or advice you can offer,
Thanks again and best of luck with your Type rating,
Safe Flying,
speed_alive_rotate (pprune)
As I told in my posts, it was quite easy, depending always on the Captain that interviews you.

The sim was simple, they just want to see your CRM and flying skills, the most complicated situation is a simple non-normal situation in the cabin that makes you to decide to return to the departure field. (passenger fainted, heart attack, galley fire..)

Then on the interview, some questions about your license, where did you studied and what do you think about you school and in my case about the company where I worked as OCC Flight Dispatcher.

After that some questions about what do you know about Ryanair, number of A/C, bases and destinations mainly.

After that the Captain started to make me questions about the A/C I knew more(DA42), and questions about the De-Ice system; the asked where do the swept wings start to stall, and what things are fitted to the wing of the 737 to retard that(Vortex Generators, Winglets and Slats), and how many time does the emergency power supply system feed the 737( I said that at least 30 min., as the ICAO regulations says that).

The sim was brand new, located at the hangar 2, like a FFS but without the pistons for movement.

They want us to pass, as they need prepared pilots; READ THE ACE: THE TECHNICAL PILOT INTERVIEW and also others, but the ACE is imperative.

Best of luck to you all !!!!