PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 09:27
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answer this question,

As an EASA or then JAR CPL or ATPL licence holder can you go to the USA and domicile yourself with a foreign registered (read European register) and fly/work in the USA getting paid for your services ? regardless of private or commercial operations, you are paid as a pilot.

I think you know the answer, that is what I believe is the one of the main reasons for the EASA proposals to protect the working rights of the European pilots, the same reason why you cannot do the above scenario.
Yes quite happy to answer that for you That has nothing to do with aviation laws or the FAA but USA Immigration and working restrictions which effect any ability to work in the USA in any occupation not just aviation

there is nothing to stop you keeping a EASA registered aircraft in the USA but I cannot imagine why many would want to do that

That was not the case in Europe N registered aircraft have been prolific for decades and remember another BIG difference Europe is a mix of separate countries with separate governments.

The USA is the united states of America with one government.

There are many in the EU who would love the EU to be THE UNITED STATES OF EUROPE with a central government but thank God we are not there yet

N reg and other 3rd country reg were accepted legal practice for longer than the EU has been in existence so legally accepted practice historically

Being legally accepted practice it was quite legitimate for pilots to set up business and to work within the EU
You cannot just with the flick of a pen say forget 40 years accepted practice we don't want to play ball with you anymore your out of a job without holding some responsibility to those people and ensuring they are accommodated in a reasonable way?

What would be classified as reasonable? taking six months off to do a full time course with NO job on your return ?
Cost? what would be classified as reasonable cost for a pilot to attain those dual licenses? Remember the pilots have done nothing illegal and have ran legitimate and legal business and so cannot be penalised in an unreasonable way

At least under existing EU laws and human right laws

The two situations are not comparable

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 10th Apr 2016 at 13:49.