PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deteriorating Working Conditions and Safety Implications make International News
Old 10th Apr 2016, 07:24
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree 2Planks.

Whilst such concerns are subjective, to suggest that a young man employed by a reputable company on a full-time contract, earning €60,000 a year, who had most of is his training costs paid by his employer was sufficiently stressed to commit mass-murder is misleading. Even at airlines where such terms & conditions don't exist, the biggest stress I've noticed from the right seat is worries about which fancy car to buy next.

After a working my bum off at school to get good A-levels, paying for a 3 year degree and 2 years post-graduate qualification, my first salary as a lawyer was £16,000 rising to £30,000 when I quit for flying 5 years later. For all the complaints about pay, pilots are still far better paid than their contemporaries in other industries.

But back in the flying industry, Deep and Fast is thinking on the same lines as me. Airlines who don't treat their employees with as much care as Germanwings ought to take this tragic event as serious warning sign.