PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resistence to Change and Reform -- Anywhere.
Old 10th Apr 2016, 03:10
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess the real issue is that you do not accept the whole basis of modern ICAO airspace management and separation assurance standards,
Le Ping,
From my previous post. You seem to believe in a strange system of inverted risk management, as the risk decreases, the CNS-ATM services increase.

Amazing, isn't it, you (and Bloggsie and his mates) have got it right, the rest of the world, but particularly FAA and Eurocontrol has got it wrong !!

Not only ideological, but, and if I may say so, which I will, arrogant in the extreme --- and all despite our rather poor record of loss of separation incidents.

As a matter of interest, are you a pilot, or just ATC? Genuine question. Back in the G-O-Ds, DCA used to fund flying training for controllers, to give then some idea of what happens at the other end. Likewise, jumpseat rides for the day, multiple sectors, to see what really happens on the flight deck.

Tootle pip!!

PS: A bit like CASA claims for the Part 61 disaster, that CASR Part 61 is a beacon for the rest of the known universe, but I don't notice any rush from said known universe to emulate this self-describes "great achievement".