PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 00:49
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis
As Flying Lawyer has repeatedly reminded us, I'm not a "legal eagle".
Not nearly as often as you choose to post your understanding of the law, in this and other forums.
I have mentioned it on more than one occasion because I've been concerned that readers might accept what you say but, more often than not, I've decided it's not worth bothering because you'll persist in doing so anyway.
However, I've written quite a lot of expert witness reports, submitted to both criminal and civil courts
So you keep saying, in this and other forums.
Guard against over-statement. The aviation law world is very small and I was in it for a long time. I remain in contact with former colleagues and hear about what's going on/who's doing what, including expert witnesses used. Old habits die hard.
My take on it is that virtually all evidence can potentially be submitted to a court
Your 'take on it' is wrong.
Civil cases: Broadly correct given the qualification "potentially".
Criminal cases: No. Much stricter rules apply.

D SQDRN
Problem as I see it is that a few people come up with absurd statements which have no legal grounding.
I agree entirely.
Questions (without assertions) are, of course, very different.

The Old Fat One
Unless you are a legal eagle I would stay well of such technical matters as admissibility of evidence, in this or any other case.
Wise advice.
You may have more success than I've had.
That said we seem to have more than enough Legal Eagles hovering around now
Only two now, as far as I'm aware. The third (a solicitor) stopped posting. Properly so, because his firm is involved in civil proceedings arising from this accident.

Jetblu

You have misunderstood what D Sqdrn meant by 'several authorities'. In this context, and in very brief summary, 'authorities' are previous court decisions concerning the law which must be followed in subsequent cases. (Not investigating bodies.)
You have made some good points during this thread. I suggest you let your camera and 'unlawfully obtained' arguments go. You are on the wrong track.