PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2016, 23:28
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Journey Man

Commercial operations ? Expand on that ? These are Private operations and surpringly private jets flown by professional crew have a better safety record than AOC operations!
Maybe because the aircraft are flown by the same crew, better cared for etc but those statistics puzzled the CAA

Those CAA statistics were published here some time back in argument

So really what you are saying is that for a long time AOC ops have viewed private operations as a threat pinching their business?

That was more prevelant years back but not the case nowadays and the recent oversight and regulations are pulling us closer to AOC operations operationally

That is a good thing but please tell me what running dual licences one set which have no validity on FAA aircraft will do for safety ?

Unless you feel an EASA ATP is safer than an FAA ATP ?

That does not stand up to statistical scrutiny either

So this is all about misplaced AOC protectionism and all private jets should be run through an AOC so the AOC operators can make money operating the private jets ???

But all this was discussed 8 years ago since we knew about it. These regulations were put into place in 2011 and have been postponed every year since and now again to 2017 and you don't think there is a problem with the regs ? Which have failed to gain a final stamp of approval by the commission every year for 6 years? So we will have to see how this pans out and deal with it one way or another when things become clearer which at present are far from clear hence the rudderless recent mess

There is a big problem and so there should be

My Postings are of a slightly colourful style some is for effect

JM there is nothing on your profile are you a pilot or involved in operations or just don't want to put anything about yourself ?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 10th Apr 2016 at 08:51.