PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2016, 20:05
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something odd in this post ....

"I was pulling as hard as I could on the yolk .... " Old King Coal telling about what happened during a sim session.

This man does not know that it is called a yoke, not a yolk?

Too, he says that the control column was fully back, "the control column [was] buried hard back in to [his] waistline" while he "was pulling as hard as [he] could on the yolk [sic], with both arms .... "

If he had the control column fully back, why should he need to pull as hard as he could, given that it's not going to move past the full aft position? It has hit the travel stop, so no need to keep pulling any harder than necessary to keep it there.

I can understand that mistrimming full nose-down might make it impossible to move the control column fully aft, but that would not be the case here; the control column is reported to have been fully aft. Why, then, should the aircraft not respond to full up elevator when it would not seem to be stalled, given the report of rapidly increasing airspeed?

Three things that do not fit: This description does not fit the way that an aircraft should normally behave; the description of the action of pulling extremely hard on a control column on the aft stop does not make sense as written; who can go through training and not know that it's "yoke," not "yolk"?