PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resistence to Change and Reform -- Anywhere.
Old 9th Apr 2016, 16:27
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
---- when it's purely for ideological reasons and nearly killed a 737 of pax.
Le Ping,

That's an ideological statement, if ever there was one, with no basis in fact. And I do mean fact. Not my opinion, fact.

As has been said, ad infinitum, as nauseum, the light aircraft pilot had the B737 in sight at all relevant times.

He could not have mistaken sighting another aircraft, there was only one other aircraft in the area, the B737. The probability of a collision was as near nil as it is possible to be -- "vanishingly small" is the correct technical term.

To suggest he was just going to sit there and fly smack into the B737 is just too silly for words, is idealogical ---- and I don't care what the ATSB report said, because all too often ATSB reports are far from unchallengeable.

To suggest that somebody who is smart enough to be a leading local businessman, who is smart enough to have accumulated a considerable number of hours as PIC without problems, who has flown that route many times, was going to sit there until a collision ---- I really wonder about your mental processes.

I guess the real issue is that you do not accept the whole basis of modern ICAO airspace management and separation assurance standards, and want to revert to the previous "everything controlled/nothing controlled" so called system.

It looks to me like you are the one who can't accept change, has never accepted, in this case, change.

Here's a change for you, and on your thinking, should be accepted as change --- make all airspace A, effectively grounding VFR entirely, that would obviously be "safer".

But, in the real world, it would not be reasonable --- or, maybe to people like you, it would be.

I narrowly avoided death or injury several thousand times, today, driving to YSBK and back home, by taking the normal precautions to avoid collision, competent driving. The Tobago pilot was a competent pilot.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Not that long ago, ATSB wasted who knows how many $$$ investigating a "near miss" between two VFR aircraft in G, SW of Sydney, on a severe clear day, not just CAVOK, but CAVU. The "near miss" distance was assessed to be 3nm and 500' vertically --- and this warrants "investigation"?? A completely worthless report.