PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Shoreham flying schools so busy.........
Old 9th Apr 2016, 15:06
Capt Kremmen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heston

Semantics ! You do not know - how could you - the true intentions of every customer who walks into your emporium. You hope or, should hope, that by your pleasant attitude and friendly manner, you can roll out a bit of red carpet and that they will be sufficiently attracted by what you have on offer, to then buy whatever you are selling.

That is usually how it works. It's apparent from your comments that you are suspicious of some of your would be customers ultimate commitment. That's a mistake ! Of the first ten customers thru' your doors the first nine might be complete Mitty's and are looking for a chat. The tenth delivers gold and signs up thus making the exercise worthwhile.

If your business is flying training, then you are in fact, nine times out of ten, dealing in dreams, which you and your staff thru' their skill, expertise, and friendly demeanour turn into reality.

As a youngster, I, along with countless thousands of others had my dreams and flying was to the foremost. in the face of some degree of poverty, my dreams became reality because of the kindness and patience of my instructors at Biggin Hill, a benevolent flying club and my ability to live on fresh air and use the money saved to pay for my lessons.

One gets much more out of people with a kind word and a smile - try it !

By the way, the OP was/is a potential customer and therefore 'king'.

Last edited by Capt Kremmen; 9th Apr 2016 at 15:09. Reason: Add on