PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2016, 14:30
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC Congratulations But this is not the point being made. You obviously had a need for both licenses.

If I was offered a lucrative position flying a EASA reg Jet I would have no qualms doing the financial Maths and time before I was required for that Job and I would expect to gain and hold the required licenses to fly that jet.

Even If I decided my plans were to fly for an AOC because there was more work for me there then again I do the Maths and decide if the large expenditure is worth the result ?

This is very different! I do not want to fly for an AOC and haven't been offered a lucrative Job on an EASA reg jet in nine months time.

I have selected N reg as that was where I saw my opportunities lay within Europe
I financed and achieved all the license s required to fly, be legal and open that market to myself a perfectly legal and legitimate market.

Now I am told I have to achieve a whole host of other licenses which have no validity on the aircraft I fly. Will cost me a lot financially and even more in my time and frankly which have no relevance to what I am doing

Is there any rational thinking concerning aviation safety in this ? or any rational thinking which is anything more that utter nonsense in these regulations ? And morally who pays ? ME and why ? What have I done ?

In the past a lot was done with Grandfather rights in the good old CAA days where legislation changes harmed pilots through no fault of their own. Where are the grandfather rights in this case to keep us in our work ?

As stated if someone with enough money to hire a load of lawyers took this on in the EU courts they would make mincemeat of these stupid regulations

I have been assured of that but don't have the money otherwise I would gladly do that because it is wrong and dishonest

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 9th Apr 2016 at 14:49.