PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5-week PPL (ongoing)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2016, 07:56
rej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck and well done for giving yourself a target; good to see that you are not leaving the exams until the end like so many do. The weather may well be a extending factor but don't let that deter you from completing what is the best activity; what happens after training only gets better. My advice is to, within safe limits, get airborne with your instructor in some challenging weather; it is a great way to learn decision making and it certainly helps to develop capacity and awareness. After 28 years in the aviation industry, 2 years ago I did my PPL in 13 weeks (including 2 weeks away on holiday and holding down a demanding full-time job); if an old boy like me can do it ...... Subsequently the addiction has resulted in over 130 hours in my log book and an IMC and night rating. Consistancy and recency are vital to achieve the learning curve; good luck and I will look forward to reading your blogs along the way. Safe flying and I hope we get the opportunity to catch up for one of those £150 cups of coffee us GA pilots buy at weekends