PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no full position reports in G and E ?
Old 9th Apr 2016, 04:14
itsnotthatbloodyhard

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
" your letter 4 April now completely reverses this advice and explains the AIP states that pilots do not have to give position reports when " identified"- What's going on? How can you change your position by 180 degrees and not explain the reason for this change"

So ittsnot, what is the correct procedure- give full position reports so monitoring VFR aircraft can reply if necessary, or don't give position reports?

It's over to you or Bloggs to advise what the correct procedure is. I think I know but I am human and make mistakes from time to time. That's why I always ask advice. That's what I am doing now and I notice both of you do not make a clear statement!
I thought I made a clear statement by quoting the relevant part of AIP, which says that position reports are not required when identified. So I don't give them, and nor does anyone else that I'm aware of. Can you point to any conflicting reference? You've mentioned 'CASA gobbledegook' and letters from Greg Russell, but AIP is all the rest of us have to go on, so that's what we use.

I'm not sure exactly what you're proposing we should have, but I'll reiterate what I wrote earlier. Any system that requires IFR aircraft, in CTA and identified via SSR or ADS-B, to make full position reports is preposterous.