PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Shoreham flying schools so busy.........
Old 8th Apr 2016, 20:03
rnzoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremmen
Such action might result in an improvement. We can live in hope !
Always! And I don't think it's a UK-specific thing. With the "wrong" conditions in an economy, the verb "to serve" can lose its meaning quite quickly.

In my past 4 years in GA PPL training and flying, I am going through my 4th base/school by now. But I am NOT bitter about any of them! They all had certain ideas and logic in their setup, and I took the advantage of the prioritized benefits I was after, and for this, I put up with the disadvantages for a limited time. There were mutual advantages, but as needs/circumstances changed, we parted in peace. I was quite open to all of the school owners / club managers on what made me go away, and I accepted that they had a different view on the same things. While I was quite open to tell anyone my personal experience with them, I didn't go about bitching and bad-mouthing them. I always give a balanced view on these schools / clubs, including the upsides and downsides. I noticed that the club / school owners accept critiscism better this way, and I can also confirm that with enough pressure from the clients, they change. So there is a reason to hope, but one must be realistic and should not expect immediate miracles.