PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2016, 15:12
EnigmAviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxpayer and ACO Budget protection

[QUOTE=ACW342;9337348]If the cause of the so called pause was because of poor workmanship, improper maintenance & repairs and loss of the appropriate documentation by the employees of the contractor and sub contractor(s) with the effect that the aircraft were deemed to be (and in some cases were) not airworthy and required a lengthy and costly investigation into such, and which is requiring an equally lengthy and costly recovery operation, should then the fees paid for such improper work done be not recovered from the contractor (s) and be paid back into the ACO budget?

Furthermore, as the lengthy and costly recovery operation is as a direct result of the said poor workmanship, improper maintenance & repairs and loss of the appropriate documentation by the employees of the contractor and sub contractor(s), should not then the contractors be responsible for the cost of the recovery operation rather than be paid for out of the ACO budget? [/QUOTE

I'm pleased to see ACW342 and POBJOY and others mentioning the unmentionable !. I have just written to my MP enclosing a list of FOI questions with regard to the extremely lax proceedings where negligence may have taken place under a contractual matter. Not only that, there is the little matter of who were the RAF supervisors of the ACO/RAF Fleet of Grob Viking and Vigilant A/C both before and after the problematic civilian contract ?

Usually I get a 24 hr response from my MP, but thus far it's Radio silence !!

Legally, if Her Majesty's Government is/was aware that they may have a legal case, then the "clock" starts to run from the "Date of Knowledge", ( i.e., when the injured party first becomes aware of a legal issue or breach of contract) for the statutory period ( 6 years) before the case becomes statute barred, and after which, unless extension time is sought and approved by the Courts, no further action can be taken.

As for the Officers allegedly supervising the said contract(s), then that too should be a matter for service discipline rather than silently stealing away or obtaining further promotion. Civilian contracts STILL require supervision and quality management, despite some of our current Government thinking that sub-contractors solve all problems ! Perhaps it works like politics where you merely move on quietly, get a gong and retire very comfortably.

It may well suit certain parties that the "limitation clock" is allowed to tick away un-noticed, but it is for all of us, the Taxpayers, to ensure that it is not ignored.

Come on Mr Cameron , take a moment or two off Panama and EU Brexit issues, and spend a moment or two asking your Defence Ministry what on earth has been going on !