PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2016, 11:28
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The validation involves proving you have an FAA ticket, demonstrating 1500 hours of multi crew time, a Class 1 EASA Medical being issued and also, an LST, on the type you want to fly if you want it added to your validation. I meet all this criteria, but have to do the LST (still planned for today unless I see a doc confirming the delay until 2017 from the CAA), which is valid for 6 months and would add my current type to my licence.
UAM

Just a correction to the above you are referring to a validation to fly public transport not private! So if you are only flying private jets which are not public transport the above does not apply 100% sure
So someone has given you incorrect information and needless money expenditure unless you want a validation for public transport

I am hoping for confirmation today but my understanding is the whole 3 rd country regulations are dependent on a BASA with the 3rd countries and this is governed by international laws and agreements and not just EU law hence the six year delays achieving a BASA. There is a fly in the legal soup the one won't go without the other. If that is the case and don't read it as gospel yet it could be some considerable time before a BASA is achieved on commercial stuff its taken long enough on PPL stuff

the chaos at present is the usual EU incompetence

Last edited by Pace; 8th Apr 2016 at 13:56.