PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mark Skidmore throws toys out of the pram.
Old 8th Apr 2016, 10:26
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Humour me a bit Frank, exactly how long is it since Dick and Boyd tried to run AOPA?

And hasn't the AOPA policy for the last decade or more been; "it is better to work with the regulator"? When I quit, pointing this fact out, how come no one bothered to dispute it despite my resignation being in writing? Surely if I was wrong, someone would have pointed out the error of my assertions instead of simply accepting my resignation without comment.

Hasn't the AOPA web site been actively promoting a lot of CASA initiatives, including taking advertising money off them for the last decade or more?

Maybe I have it all wrong, certainly feel free to correct me, even call me a literary prostitute although I am not so sure what context that is in.

Oh, and finally, how many meetings with CASA has AOPA management had in the last 20 years? Have they all been totally transparent?

Everyone in GA knows CASA is broken and unfixable, continuing down the current path will see the end of general aviation sooner rather than later. AOPA only seem to have discovered this fact very recently and despite this, I am sure there are still a few in the organisation who would still rather "work in with the regulator".

Time will tell and we will see however I am prepared to give AOPA the benefit of the doubt and rejoin.