PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR Vs long haul
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2016, 09:57
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard question that mainly can be only answered by yourself:

- do you like your current employer, like the working conditions, like the base?
- is it a "long term" commitment thing, just being big is not a career guarantee(e.g. Turkish, Korean,Emirates,QR,...)

- would be the possible new RYR base be close to home or a good alternative?
- are you aware that as a FO you might be forced to some base of their choice(it seems to be like that if you look into the RYR FO thread)? On the other hand, joining as an "upgradable" FO would give you most likely different threatment.

- for my understanding RYR is very short of Capts right now, so an upgrade would happen very fast I assume.
- Capt. pay is not bad, especially considering being at home every day which is, in my eyes, an incredible luxury thing in aviation nowadays. Most so called "legacies" do not offer that anmd for me that is more important then some corrupt(IMHO) seniority list that anyways in most carriers gets bent now and then(and don't tell me it never happened in YOUR airline).
- 5/4 roster is great, nearly nobody offers something as good as this
- 1 month of paid leave because you will be out of hours within 10-11 month

I would go for RYR within a blink of an eye(what I did), but that is really a decission that nobody can help you with.