PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N Reg Ops EU domiciled pilots
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2016, 08:48
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an EU administrative blunder and the CAA has no choice but to add this temporary extension I only hope the others have followed suit until the permanent extension is in place as there will be flights merrily flying over Europe today/tomorrow unaware.

The CAA always do their best and hats off to them as they can only deal with what they have but to put the CAA and pilots in this situation is really not good enough As another poster said how on earth are pilots meant to find out all this stuff.

If an aircraft unknowingly landed in a EU country which was lax in applying the same as the CAA what would the insurance situation be? An aircraft bursting a tyre on landing and having an accident? Would insurance still be valid I don't know the answer?
I could see a strong case for pilots or operators caught up in this EU mess suing the authorities for any losses incurred

The exemptions outlined at 2.1 and 2.2 above are restricted to UK airspace. Individuals and operators are responsible for ensuring that, if a flight will enter non-UK airspace, the competent authority for that airspace has enacted provisions which ensure that the flight will be legal. The Exemption is published as part of the Civil Aviation Authority’s Official Record Series 4, “UK Licence Validation Requirements for Holders of ICAO Annex 1 Flight Crew Licences”, dated 8 April 2016.

Last edited by Pace; 8th Apr 2016 at 09:00.