PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2016, 07:54
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I expect that I am not the only one who has noticed that since the S16 schedules began almost two weeks ago, any semblance of punctuality on the EZY855/856 rotation has totally disintegrated. Last summer, it was pretty poor with OTP around 25-30%, but so far this year, it is a total disaster.

Using data from FR24, it is fairly easy to work out that EZY856 has arrived back to LGW, on time, only twice, in eleven attempts. What is more worrying is that the average delay (on the remaining nine occasions) has been 50 minutes plus.

Now this may not be a particularly big deal when a scheduled arrival is in the middle of the day, but when the IOM is already pushed out to the arse end of the flying day, with a planned arrival to LGW of 22.00 any delay can be very inconvenient for onward travel. Last night's arrival was almost two hours late.

Then, there is the question of the cost of late opening at the Ronaldsway. Are EZY paying for this, or is the long suffering Manx Tax payer picking up the tab.

I can't imagine that easyJet are particularly happy or proud of this performance, but they do seem unable, or disinclined, to do anything to arrest the dismal performance.

I'm not expecting anyone here to have any answers or solutions, but I'm just putting these not very pretty facts out there, for comment/reaction.