PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 7th Apr 2016, 11:00
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
What's the use of getting everyone to change to the air traffic control area frequency at these airports if no calls are mandated or given in reality?
Are all FIA frequencies ATC frequencies? Leaving that question aside ...

You're going to have to prove it was a "change" as part of your Federal Court action. Good luck with that.

I didn't say no calls are given in reality. I did say they are few and far between.

All those strips you see in the Southern Highlands aren't Bankstown. They are on private properties used by the occupiers maybe once a month. One rolling call and that's it, if anything. There is no inbound call because no one other than the occupier is taxiing or doing circuits at an unmarked strip on private property. Get it?

I know it. I do lots of flying in that area monitoring Area and 126.7. For the last time: I can't remember hearing any call on either either Area or 126.7 from an aircraft operating in or out of or around one of these private strips, and they don't have to have radio in the first place. That's not to say that no broadcasts on Area or 126.7 ever happen. It's just to say that my observations are based on the reality of the tiny number of movements at these places rather than the fantasy that suits your scaremongering.

But go forth and get it changed so that the 'default low level area frequency' for VFRs is 126.7. Doesn't bother me.

Let's hope the education and implementation aren't the usual amateur circus.