PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR Vs long haul
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 10:32
noID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx for both replies.... My senoirity is quite high at the moment but the issue is that it will take at least couple of years, being optimistic....salary is not bad but i m paid on local currency which is not very stable, plus even if it is an higher salary then RYR i have to provided for my own accomodation and all the extra costs...so at the end of the month the salary would not be so different.
I am struggling cz this is the last chance i have to jump in RYR otherwise i know i will be stuck or here or forced to go to EK, i don t see other opportunities on B777 closer than those..
@McNugget, as foreigner there are not so many companies in "Europe" you can be hired without speaking the language

I know in RYR you can gat between 3600 and 5600 ( this what my friend gets in Rome base). I have been told that as FO is quite easy to get the base u choose if not small, in my case I would choose Rome (2 bases so doublle chance)... So I would live at home cutting many costs.... And I was told you can get the upgrade in less than 1 year coming with experience, just 1 winter season and i think 800 hours in the company...
After the upgrade of course there is no guarantee i can get same base, but it s also true the salary will be higher so I may choose som base where the cost of life is not too high..if i m not wrong an avarage cpt salary is between 6200/6500 eur...
What really disturbs me is loosing the benefit of tkts and for me, who is married with a foreign woman means more expenses bcz i ll hae to pay a regular tkt when travelling to my wife country...
Other thing I like in RYR is that if you get direct employment they pay fr the pension in my country...where I am at the moment I can still use the years to arrive to the pension but I dunno who they calculate it...

On top of this my age...If i were 30, no problem at all to stay here 3/4 years more to see what happens...but being 40 I need to do the right choice and I know that in my company things are uncertain, not really reliable and if I go to ek it will take at least 5/6 years more (without considering all the posts u can find about ek)... Mmm i should throw a dice