PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N Reg Ops EU domiciled pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 09:35
Fly4Business

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not see the EASA as bad per se, definitely not. Especially since Patrick Ky is steering, I do see a lot of good things happening and I honor a lot of respect to the really challenging setup. In the end, there are quite a number of rather idiotic systems to combine into one system and there is progress, slowly, but it finally moves.

Ok, it is not sufficient for the more global minded, and pilots are per education much more geoflexible compared to the rest of the crowd, but there are a lot of ground based obstacles to identify, circumnavigate und to be bombed as well.

I even do see some logics in the political efforts to get a more forceful weapon against their own people, but I do not support the thinking behind. I also believe they will not succeed in creating a working regulation the way they do it now, because I strongly believe we need a global system, not another local minded one. First step for inside EU is not that bad and much better then before, but there is at least some common base inside EU.

Btw: dual licensing is only necessary for the "wrongly" domiciled pilots, so one movement to seriously consider is moving your home to the country of your license. If you frequently fly a N-reg aircraft and do hold a FAA PPL, why not move completely to the US and pay your taxes there? If more pilots would plan and do this, guess how fast regs will change ...