PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Company Accommodation Evictions
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 09:18
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its old news man...

Not trying to downplay what it feels like to get kicked out of the villa that you've called home for "X" number of years, I got my notice last year and it sucks...especially since the company gets to directly control these issues in your life.
I have followed this whole thing since they broke ground at Meydan. It is the company's plan to move everyone out to Meydan Heights, Meydan South and Al Furjan as units come available and the lease on one's current villa runs out.
There will be villa's that the company still have with remaining time left on the lease which they in turn offer to those who have been given notice, such as the DSO Cedre group, but what they don't tell you is that you will be moving again when that lease runs out. There are all kinds of guys who found that out the hard way.
Again, the firm will house all pilots in one of the three compounds...and yes, sadly it includes the DSO Semmer group as well. At least that place offered some semblance of a normal community to live in and most were generally happy out there.

In the long run its probably not all bad if you had lived "out of town", its just another compound "out of town", but its all the time and money that one puts into the villa to call it a home that is not respected.
I doubt it will cause any great numbers to leave as a result, it'll just piss everyone off a little more.

Thats what the company is good at these days.