PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 08:13
PBY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And few thoughts about the HUDs display. I have no experience with it. But as an A320 guy I can confirm, that airbus stopped using a bird (flight path vector) in a goaround.
If I understand it correctly tha HUD system has the bird displayed during go around.
The major problem with that is, if we forget it clutters the display, that a bird is "performance" part of the equation "attitude +power = performance"
Soit is the same as if you flew a goaround by looking at the vertical speed as supposed to paying attention to attitude. That is the reason why bird is not good indicator when performance parameters are changing rapidly like in a go-around. Setting 15 degree pitch is on the other hand the life saving initial action (of course with power). But trying to watch a changing parameter in such a critical beginning of a go-around while not being aware of pitch can prove fatal. I don't blame the guys using a HUD that they prefer to look at unluttered AI as opposed to watching the cluttered and possibly highly enetertaining HUD display.