PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Class E article – the full text
Old 7th Apr 2016, 07:15
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
How did you ever move from piston to jet?
Actually, I had to slow down to fly these jets... but I digress.

Originally Posted by Dick Smith
class G in higher collision risk terminal airspace with no transponder requirement and no third party requirement is fantastic .
Oh Dick, Dick, Dick. Firstly, if it was higher risk it'd have a CAGRO (YAYE). If it was even higher than that it'd have an AFIS YPPD). And if it was higher than that, it'd have a class D tower (YCFS). Just like we have all over Australia; commonsense, scaled, risk-managed services to support safe, commercial operations.

And don't worry about transponders, I would be quite happy to mandate them for all aeroplanes into RPT ports. Besides, you are going to force virtually all VFR visitors to those ports to get them anyway because of the Class E requirement for transponders. You are also aware of course that carriage and use of transponders is mandatory above A100, which covers a flight to the point where mandatory radio kicks in "in the vicinity".

Re your third-party requirement comment, you are obviously not aware of the MANDATORY frequency confirmation requirements of the CAOs. I won't provide you with the reference, I'll leave that to Leddie, as he is really good at providing references to justify all his claims...

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 7th Apr 2016 at 10:28. Reason: Cough Cough...