PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pilots who don't know about piston engines
Old 7th Apr 2016, 05:27
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok fair enough if the probe fails and you are LOP at that time I agree you where compliant when it was set so that's fine, but what of the next flight ie returning to base let's say it's a two hour flight. Surely you can't comply then with a failed probe, your only option is to run ROP to be compliant. All this talk about that you must have good monitoring gear to go LOP which I agree with but when it fails it's still ok to go LOP?.
Sorry, that is not the case. I know it is not your fault, you just don't get it. Maybe come for a fly with me and i can show you why.

But trust me on the return flight, using known data, you set the same MP/RPM and Fuel flow, and the 5/6 that still work will confirm you were back exactly where you were before.

Stop trying to find ways not to do things……the glass is half full.

And seriously, if you want to call me and thrash it out properly, drop me a PM or send me your number. Happy to point you in the right direction.

And whats this burnt valve thing got to do with anything…..seriously, there are many old wives tales that you could benefit from killing.