PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA allowing unlicensed drone ops, <2kg
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 00:41
tail wheel

Received 227 Likes on 121 Posts
.....and cease all UAV ops for some time, even for licensed+insured operators.
I suspect that may be like trying to flag down the Indian Pacific with a lit match stick?

Although very surprised by the lack of concern here, I'll respectfully acknowledge that this isn't the right audience and leave it be.
I suspect you are addressing the right audience? I suspect their risk assessment is based upon the fact RC aircraft have been around for decades, drones more recent, there must be "very significant numbers" of both out in the community, and so far no mid airs. Not saying it can't happen, but there is a lot of air up there and despite the cowboys and kids with RC models and drones, a bingle hasn't happened.

I think we're only seeing the tip of the ice berg for a whole new innovative industry. Freight companies and fast food outlets are talking about drone deliveries. Aerial agriculture is experimenting with drone application of insecticides. Police overseas are using drones for "traffic management" (another name for a Flying Tax Office!). Governments are suggesting the F-35 may be the last new fighter to carry a pilot. Our local Council was even considering drone surveillance of the new swimming pool legislation.

Far fetched??? So was non stop flight to Europe and men on the Moon when I was a kid!!