PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2016, 22:16
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to encourage wise people to contribute then you might wish to give careful and critical thought to why they don't and, in some instances, why they try and then fade away.
That applies equally to those who are in a position to post informed opinions.

eg Two highly respected test pilots, both of whom have extensive military jet (incl Hunter) and display flying experience, joined this discussion and then faded away. Two wise contributors, who have posted informed and balanced opinions in various PPRuNe forums for many years, lost to this thread - and perhaps the forum.

In (recent) stark contrast, when a buffoon (as he has demonstrated in various forums around the site) made a point based upon an entirely false premise, a prolific contributor to this thread and this forum was very quick to support him with "My thought too." Far too quick – the false premise was clear in the original post, if read with an open mind. When he makes ill-informed silly points in other forums they are, without fail, spotted and pointed out. Not here.

Because of my professional background, and as a PPL, this forum should be one of my natural haunts on PPRuNe. It isn't, primarily because I don't like the ethos.
I accept, of course, that the ethos might be correct and my approach wrong. Horses for courses.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 6th Apr 2016 at 22:34.