PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Lic for N Reg pilots domiciled EU.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2016, 20:33
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whispers are that the regulations re third country are not workable without certain consents by mainly the FAA. This is a ridiculous scenario which I am happy about that the 3rd country regs have been in place since 2011 yet are still not enabled and won't be till earliest 2017 or longer

Sidelined for six years? Why? because they are being nice to us poor pilots ? I doubt it more likely they don't legally stand up without a BASA and counter signatures and agreements with the FAA

Other Whispers are that the BASA expected in November only apply to PPL flying so the 3rd country regs will still remain illegal on CPL ATPL until a BASA is agreed on Commercial licenses and that could take years

There is a lot not being said to explain what has caused these regs to have been sidelined for so long and the real reasons behind that? My Guess another EASA mess-up and like the rest of the EU I don't suppose they know what they are doing either

EASA was nearly disbanded by the commission years ago for trying to reinvent the wheel! Why they didn't take the FAA system lock stock and Barrel and adjust it to suit EU requirements God knows. It would have saved 100s of millions of EU money and a lot of aviation a mass of headaches. it would also have lead to an international standardisation of regulations and hence safety in aviation
But no that was too simple too cost effective and too pro aviation for the EU

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 6th Apr 2016 at 20:53.