PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackburn Buccaneer - Aerodynamic parameters/Flight Test results
Old 6th Apr 2016, 12:05
Tom355uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks chaps, some very valuable input!

Unfortunately wind tunnel tests on an Airfix are out of the question , the resources available won't cover the costs!

I thought I'd end up having to brute force manually calculate a lot of the figures using approximations, but the CD0 and pitch/roll figures from Plastic are immensely helpful. As GTE alluded to, the manuals are all in pounds shillings and pence but the simulator only accepts Euros for the lookup tables so one will need to be extremely careful during the conversion process.

The data within the manuals is also less technical, more real world - i.e do not use more than half stick roll deflection above 0.75 IMN, do not exceed 20 units AOA or buffet boundary whichever is reached first, stall in landing config is reached at 25-26 units AOA.

I did find a CLalpha calculator on the ESDU site that covers the whole subsonic regime for low aspect ratio wings which will also be extremely helpful.

Cheers again guys, I'll let you know how I get on!