PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Republic files for Ch.11
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2016, 09:52
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There has to be a price below which you can not operate an aircraft on a continuous basis. That price has to be known by most airlines in every country if the world. So you would have thought that the carriers Republic flew for would have been voicing their concerns about this operation well before they entered into Chapter 11. Or did they just not care? If I was one of the majors and one of my feeders was unable to provide its operation, it would affect my bottom line. Yet this was not monitored. One of the indicators of a struggling airline is a high pilot turnover. Pilots leave because their Terms & Conditions are unacceptable, yet the majors were unconcerned about that. But they forget whose name is on the ticket. So unless the majors take steps to improve the lot of pilots flying for their feeders they will never be sure these operations will perform as required.

What would really worry me is where else are the feeders saving money? I'm sure it's not just on the pilots. Cheap tickets might be economically good but dreadful for your health.