PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mark Skidmore throws toys out of the pram.
Old 5th Apr 2016, 21:44
Air Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a set of steak knives, who made the following statement to a Parliamentary Committee ten years ago, on 14 February 2005:

Senator MARK BISHOP — Now that [the Regulatory Reform Program] has been refocused away from a timely conclusion, what is the new completion date and how is it proposed to stop it drifting along forever?

DAS, CASA — We do not have a firm completion date at this stage, but we should be able to generate that fairly soon..............

Senator MARK BISHOP — When do you think those regulations will go to the minister?

DAS, CASA — I anticipate we would start sending some of them from about the middle of this year. I do not see this delaying the overall program excessively. We have an action item to develop a plan to forward to the minister about when we plan to have them to the minister, and I assume that plan would be done in the next couple of months. I would be hopeful that it would not be long after early 2006 that most of the draft rules are delivered to the minister.
I'd love to see that "action plan"! Twenty seven years and something north of $400 million on regulatory reform - how can CASA expect to have any credibility?

Australia has safe skies not because of, but despite CASA.

It appears AOPA may have turned the corner and is now seriously representing it's Member's interests, rather than the rabid rabble it was a few years ago? Well done!